The biggest annual Oracle community event IOUG/OAUG/QUEST Collaborate conference will be held from April 22-26, 2012 at Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. This year, I was asked to organize two educational events during the conference for IOUG: Oracle EM12c Deep Dive and High Availability Boot Camp. In addition I will give three technical presentations and attend a few panel discussions. Here are the detailed agenda.
1. Lead the Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control Deep Dive, Session #920, 9:am-3:pm, Sunday ,April 22nd, Room 8,
Title: New Features and the Best Practices for Installation, Configuration and Upgrade of Enterprise Manager 12c, Akanksha Sheoran(Oracle), Bala Kuchibhotla(Oracle), Mathew Mckerly (Oracle), Roger Lopez(Dell), Kai Yu (Dell)
Abstract: Recently Oracle released Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c cloud control as a total cloud control solution that provides a complete lifecycle management of the entire IT infrastructure. This deep dive will provide an educational opportunity focused on this new management solution. First you will learn the best practices of how to install and configure Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c along with how to upgrade your current Enterprise Manager grid control to the new 12c cloud control. Then you will learn how to leverage some of the best features of Enterprise Manager 12c to manage your IT infrastructure. Finally, you will explore how to use Oracle Enterprise Manager 12 to manage a provide cloud infrastructure.
2. Manage IOUG Collaborate 12 High Availability Boot Camp at Room 8, Monday, April 23, 9:45am-Tueday 24 5:30pm for12 HA Boot Camp sessions:#334, #548, #840, #225, #649, #184, #371, #633, #544, #711, #492, #373.
3. High Availability Boot Camp presentation: Alternative Options to Enhance the High Availability of your Oracle Database, Session 840, Room 8, Mon, Apr 23, 2012 (12:15 PM – 12:45 PM)
Abstract: You want to run your database in a high availability configuration; Oracle RAC provides the great solution to achieve the high availability against the server failure. However Oracle RAC license can be very expensive especially if your database is running on a physical server with a high number of CPU cores. Are there any other alternative options to achieve high availability for your database? This presentation will examine two practical solutions to this problem: Oracle Real Application Clusters One Node, and running database in a virtual environment such as Oracle VM. Both these solutions allow you to run a single node Oracle database with the capability to migrate or fail over to other server in case a server failure. Come to this session to learn how to implement and manage these solutions:
4. Virtualization Boot Camp presentation: Virtualizing Oracle 11g/R2 RAC Database on Oracle VM 3.0, Room 17, Mon, Apr 23, 2012 (03:45 PM – 04:45 PM)
Abstract: Virtualization technology provides the solution to enable the server partition and consolidation for improving the resource utilization and archiving the great flexibility and high availability. Combining Oracle VM with Oracle RAC provides the Database Cloud ready architecture to consolidate the data center infrastructure. The new Oracle VM 3.0 release not only improved the scalability, but also introduced the new Oracle VM Manager to provide centralized management and simplify and automate network and storage configuration. This session will share the experiences of author’s experience on Oracle VM 3.0 through beta program to the production release and give a step-by-step guild to configure such a virtual infrastructure for Oracle 11g R2 RAC database You will learn the basic Oracle VM architecture as well as the tips and tricks of configuring networks and shared storage through Oracle VM Manager 3.0 on the Oracle VM server layer as well as the Oracle virtual machine level to support 11g R2 RAC database deployment and operation. This presentation also discuss the Oracle RAC VM templates for the rapid deployment of Oracle RAC cluster on Oracle VM and some configuration best practices and methods to monitor and manage the performance of RAC database on Oracle VM with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
5. Configuring and Managing a Private Cloud with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, Session #312 Room 17 , Tue, Apr 24, 2012 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Abstract: Recently released Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control provides a complete, out-of-the-box integrated solution for total private cloud management. This session will have a step-by-step walk-through for cloud and self-service administrators who are setting up a private cloud based on Oracle VM 3.0 provide infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS). You will learn the experiences from our private cloud project that helps speed your cloud deployment and minimize risk. The presentation also shows how to provision application services by using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c self-service capabilities and manage application capacity dynamically.
6. Oracle E-Business Suite Applications Technology Customer Advisory Board meeting: Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 11:45 AM – 2:00 PM
7. Oracle on Oracle VM – Expert Panel, Oracle VM Expert Panel, Wednesday, April 25, 9:30 am – 10:30 am, Location, Room 14, Panelists: Tariq Faooq, Honglin Su(Oracle), Mike Adult, Kai Yu
Description: Virtualization is the foundation stone in the Cloud Computing era.
The speakers will present, detail & elaborate Comprehensive Concepts Overview, Insight, Recommendations, Best Practices, Current Strategies, Pros & Cons, Relevance/Role in Cloud Computing, Prevalent/Dominant Paradigms & Technologies and, a whole lot more about Virtualization as, it relates to Oracle DBAs from the perspective of Oracle on Oracle VM.
8. Oracle RAC Expert Panel: schedule not confirmed.
9. Oracle RAC SIG Birds of a feather Panel: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 12:00pm – 12:30pm