Archive for the ‘Oracle Events’ Category
From July 5th to July 23rd, 2011, the 2011 Oracle Technology Network (OTN)Latin America Tour covered multiple countries ranging from Central America to South America. The tour’s purpose was to give a series of presentations on various areas of Oracle Technology. Led by Tom Kyte, the vice president of Oracle Corporation, the OTN tour speaker team consisted of world leading experts on Oracle Technology from Oracle Corporation as well as from the industry technology community. It was a great honor to be invited to join this speaker team to travel and speak with some of the industry’s legendary speakers: Graham Wood, Debra Lilley, Hans Forbrich , Francisco Munoz Alvarez, Ronald Bradford, Kuassis Mensah, Arup Nand and the great speakers from the local Oracle user group of each country.
The 2011 OTN Latin America Tour Speaker Team
On this OTN Latin America tour, I gave the following technology presentations at three South American conference sites: Sao Paulo, Brazil; Montevideo, Uruguay and Santiago, Chile:
- Virtualized Oracle 11g/R2 RAC Database on Oracle VM: Methods/Tips
- Oracle 11gR2 Clusterware: Architecture and Best Practices of Configuration and Troubleshooting
Through these two presentations, I discussed the Oracle RAC and Oracle VM technology with the Oracle user communities of these three countries, and also introduced the engineering work we do at the Dell Oracle solutions engineering lab on Oracle databases, and Oracle VM and Cloud infrastructure. Additionally, I explained how the people in the user communities in these quickly growing economic regions can take advantage of these solutions to meet their business needs.
At first thanks OTN for the sponsorship of the tour. And I want to expecially thanks the event organizer Francisco Munoz Alvarez for his admirable efforts, and thanks the local user group leaders and team members who hard work made this great opportunity possible. It was delightful to see that the people in the Oracle communities in these three countries were very eager to explore the new Oracle technology. In two of my sessions in Sao Paulo, the audience filled the entire conference rooms. Brazil user group leader Eduardo Hahn and his team did an excellent job organizing this conference. I was also amazed by the excellent work and great hospitality of the wonderful Uruguay user group leaders Nelson Calero and Edelweiss Kammermann and their team. The conference in Chile was held in a great facility provided by a local private university. The conference’s audience was very attentive to the presentation content and they were very active in the QA sessions. Somtime the QA and discussions were even extended to after the sessions. Some of people brought up the related questions from their current systems to discuss.
The highlights also include the hospitality of the great friends and wonderful culture experiences and the incredible sightseeing in these countries. These also made this tour really memorable.
Really want to thank everyone for this wonderful memory and hope I can join the tour again next year!
The following sideshows are the memory of the tour.
Being inivted by Oracle Technology Network (OTN), on July 15th, 2011, I joined the last part of OTN South America Tour to travel to Sao Paulo Brazil; Montevideo Uruguay; and Santiago, Chile. I will give two presentations at each conference. On July 16th, I gave two presentations in Sao Paulo for the Brazil Oracle User group at GUOB) Tech Day 2011:
1) Virtualized Oracle 11g/R2 RAC Database on Oracle VM: Methods/Tips
2)Oracle 11gR2 Clusterware: Architecture and Best Practices of Configuration and Troubleshooting.
The followings are some photos from the conference and my presentation sessions:
BrainSurface The Collaborative ConnectSpace for Oracle, Java & MySQL Professionals proudly presents the 1st-stop in the VirtaThon Road Tour program; a 1-day Oracle-Centric Conference at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on 07/07/201. Join the experts and Learn4FREE for a full day of knowledge-filled sessions.
My session will be at 07/07/2011, 5:00pm – 5:45pm EDT
My presentation title is :
Case Study: Implementing Oracle Grid : Customer Case Study
Event attendance URL: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/274820990
Just received an email notification from Oracle OpenWorld 2011 Content Team. Three of my papers have been accepted by the conference commitee. These papers are:
1) Session ID: 06980
Session Title: Configuring and Managing a Private Cloud with Oracle Enterprise Manager
2) Session ID: 07633
Session Title: Upgrading Oracle Enterprise Manager, Using Best Practices
3)Session ID: 08945
Session Title: Consolidate Oracle E-Business Suite Databases in Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Grid: Case Study
For sure I got the work to do this summer.
Latest update on July 2nd:
Looks like my fourth paper was accepted by Oracle OpenWorld 2011 for an IOUG Sunday session:
4) Session ID #09385: Ensure the High Availability and Stability of Oracle RAC: Storage and Network Side Story.
And you can see my OOW 2011 speaker page at this link.
The Collaborate 11 conference will be held in Orlando, Florida on April 10-14, 2011, At this conference, I will be giving the following three presentions:
1. Title: Oracle E-Business Suite: Migration to Oracle VM & template based deployment:
- Conference: The Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) Forum
- Time: Monday, April 11 at 2:30pm-3:30pm.
- Abstract:Oracle VM provides the server virtualization that not only enables high availability and scalability, also simplifies and standardizes the deployment for Oracle E-Business Suite. To leverage Oracle VM, the existing Oracle E-Business systems on physical servers need to be migrated the VMs and a new development needs to start on the VMs. Attend this session to learn some best practices for such an migration and also to learn how to create and use the VM templates of customers’ own project specific Oracle E-Business systems for on-going project. The session will also examine how to leverage the benefits of Oracle VM such as high availability and scalability and server partitioning for Oracle E-Business suite R12.1 infrastructure
2. Title: Automated Provisioning Oracle 11g R2 RAC using Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Provisioning Pack
- Confernece: The Independent Oracle User Group (IOUG) Forum
- Time: Tuesday, April 12 at 11:45am – 12:15pm
- Abstract : Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g provides an end-to-end solution for automated provisioning and lifecycle management of the entire system stack. This session covers how Oracle Enterprise Manager Provisioning pack can save the time and cost for IT organizations by automatically provisioning Oracle Real Applications Cluster (RAC). Attend this session to learn how configure the latest Oracle enterprise manager version 11gr1 and how to enable its provisioning pack including the provisioning deployment procedures and the software library ,and how to automate some time consuming and error prone tasks such as provisioning Oracle 11g R2 RAC database, extending RAC database by adding an additional node and how to save the gold image of the 11g R2 RAC based on the existing RAC environment.
3. Ensure the RAC High Availability: Storage and Network Side Story
- Conference: The independent Oracle User Group (IOUG) forum, High Availability Bootcamp
- Time: Wednesday, April 13 at 10:30am – 11:30am
- Abstract: While Oracle RAC technology provides the high level of availability and the great scalability for the database , the stability of the central piece of RAC technology: Oracle clusterware largely depends on its underneath system infrastructure: network and shared storage. Come to this session to learn some architecture of RAC and clusterware in 11g R1 and 11g R2 and the best practices of configuring the network and shared storage to ensure the stability and high availability of the Oracle clusterware and RAC. The session will also cover the troubleshooting tips of some clusterware stability issues such as node eviction which is frequently related to the network and the share storage.
I also will be attending the following panels as the moderator or a panelist:
1. IOUG High Availability Panel: Time: Wednesday April 13, 11:45am-12:15pm
2. Oracle RAC SIG panels:
- RAC SIG BOG Panel: Monday April 11, 9:15am-10:15am
- RAC customer Panel: Teusday April 12, 9: 15am-10:15am
- RAC Expert Panel, Wednesday, April 13, 8:00am-9:00am
In 2010, for the first time, Oracle hosted three Oracle conferences in three continents:
Oracle Openworld 2010 San Franscio 2010 in Sept 19-23, Oracle Openworld 2010 Latina Americas 2010 in Sao Paulo in Dec 7-9th, Oracle OpenWorld Beijing 2010, Dec 13-16th.
After attending and speaking at Oracle Openworld in San Franscio, I was invited by Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and the Oracle ACE program to give two technical presentations at Oracle OpenWorld Beijing 2010 conference:
1) Case study: Implementing the Oracle Grid Computing for Multiple ERP Applications
2) Oracle11g R2 Clusterware and RAC: Architecture , Configuration, Troubleshooting and Case study
My presentations were a part of Oracle Technology Network Loung , which combined the presentations of other ten top Oracle technologists (Oracle ACEs and Oracle ACE Directors)in the China Oracle community. The entire OTN lounge presentation schedule is listed here. This was my first time to meet and have joint efforts with these great Oracle talents in China. I really enjoyed working and networking with them.
Uploaded some photos taken during the conference:
Conference location: China National Convention Center in Beijing
Welcome Keynote by Steve Au Yeung | Executive Vice President, Asia Pacific, Oracle
Meet Oracle Technologists in China Oracle community
On Novemeber 29-December 1st 2010, I was invited to attend UKOUG Technology and E-Business Suite Conference and give a technical presentation at the conference. UKOUG (UK Oracle User Group) is one of the largest Oracle user groups in Europe. UKOUG has been offerring its members conferences for over 20 years. This conference event was dedicated for the Oracle Technology & E-Business communities. The conference was held in International Convention Centre (ICC), Birmingham, UK.
My technical presentation title was ” Oracle E-Business Suite: migration to Oracle VM Template Based Deployment”. As we know, Oracle VM provides the server virtualization that not only enables high availability and scalability, also simplifies and standardizes the deployment for Oracle E-Business Suite. To leverage Oracle VM, the existing Oracle E-Business systems on physical servers need to be migrated the VMs and a new development needs to start on the VMs. The technical presenation examined some best practices for such an migration and also explored the method to create and use the VM templates of customers’ own project specific Oracle E-Business systems for on-going project. On the end of the presentation, I also covered how to leverage the benefits of Oracle VM such as high availability and scalability and server partitioning for Oracle E-Business suite R12.1 infrastructure.
The following conference presentations have been accepted by the corresponding conference commitees and currently are in planing phrase :
1. Oracle11g R2 Clusterware and RAC: Architecture , Configuration, Troubleshooting and Case study, Oracle OpenWorld Beijing 2010, Dec 13-16th,2010, Beijing, China
2. Case Study: Implementing the Oracle Grid Computing for Multiple ERP Applications ,Oracle OpenWorld Beijing 2010, Dec 13-16th,2010, Beijing, China.
3. Oracle E-Business Suite: Migration to Oracle VM & template based deployment , UKOUG Conference Series Technology & E-Business Suite 2010, Nov 29th 2010
I was invited to attend two days Oracle product Briefing prior to the Oracle OpenWorld 2010 conference with the rest of Oracle ACE Directors at Oracle HQ on Thursday and Friday Sept 16-17, 2010. As a new member of this Oracle ACE Director club, it is a great privilege to have the opportunity to attend such great product strategy presentations. The two days presentations cover the current focus and future direction of Oracle Products. The product Briefing starts with the opening address by Thomas Kurian, Executive Vice President, Product Development, who gave the highlights of important areas such as servers, storage, systems, Database. Middleware, Applications as well as Java development environment. After Thomas’s open address, ACE directors had the opportunity to listen the presentations on the specific areas such as applications server infrastructure, SOA, Jave, Identify management and SOA, and AIA, Java SE, Portal, Webcenter and ECM, APEX, Oracle Database , OS and virtualization, Exadata and BI, etc.
Thomas Kurian, Oracle Executive Vice President, Product Development gave the open address in Oracle ACE Diretcor product briefing
Mark Townsend, Oracle VP of Database Product Management talked about What’s new from Oracle Database Development
Stay tune for more updates on Oracle OpenWorld 2010 conference this week.
My Oracle Oracle OpenWorld 2010 Presentations:
1. Session ID: S316318
Title: Oracle RAC/Oracle VM Automated Provisioning with Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g
Abstract: Oracle Enterprise Manager offers an end-to-end solution for automated provisioning and lifecycle management of the whole system stack, including physical and virtual infrastructure. In this Oracle/Dell Inc. joint session, learn how the Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g provisioning and virtualization management packs can save time and money by automating the provisioning and management of the infrastructure of internal cloud services of IT organizations. It focuses on how to automate some time-consuming and error-prone tasks such as provisioning the Oracle VM environment, provisioning Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) 11g Release 2, converting a single-node database to Oracle RAC, and extending an Oracle RAC database.
Event: Oracle OpenWorld
Stream(s): SERVER AND STORAGE SYSTEMS, DATABASE
Track(s): Virtualization, Oracle Enterprise Manager
Session Type: User Group Forum (Sunday Only)
Session Category: Best Practices
Duration: 60 min.
Schedule: Sunday, September 19, 12:30PM | Moscone West L2, Rm 2009 Available
2. Session ID: S316263
Title: Monitoring and Diagnosing Oracle RAC Performance with Oracle Enterprise Manager
Abstract: DBAs may use some homegrown scripts based on v$views and gv$views for performance monitoring and diagnosis. Today Oracle Enterprise Manager provides a much more effective way to manage database performance. It not only identifies root causes of performance issues but also gives impact ratios and recommended solutions. This session discusses the performance monitoring and diagnosing features in Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g and presents some tuning examples to show step-by-step methods for monitoring real-time Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) 11g database performance and then diagnosing performance issues by using the Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor feature and navigating performance pages in Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g.
Track(s): Database, Oracle Enterprise Manager
Session Type: Conference Session
Session Category: Features
Duration: 60 min.
Schedule: Thursday, September 23, 3:00PM | Moscone South, Rm 310 Available