Archive for the ‘Oracle Events’ Category
As a tradition, Oracle ACE diretor briefing is held in Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores . This product briefing covers some of the latest development of Oracle Technology that will be announced on coming Oracle OpenWorld. It is very exciting to see this new technology. It is also an Oracle ACE director family reunion. Greate to see all these good friends from all over the world.
Oracle Executive Vice President Tomas Kurian gave an opening address.
Oralce Vice President Database Product Manageemnt Mark Townsend talked about Database products.
At this coming Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle will announece the new release
of Oracle Enetrprise Manager. In last few months, as a beta partner,
we have actively involved on the POC project of upgrading our current
version of Oracle Enterprise Manager to this new release.
I would recommend we should attend the following Oracle OpenWorld Sessions to learn the new release of Oracle Enterprise Manager and the best way to upgrade from your current Oracle Enetrprise Manager to this
new release Oracle Enterrpise Manager:
1) Session #20000, Oracle Enterprise Manager Upgrade Best Practices MosconeS, Wednesday, 05:00 PM, Moscone South – 309 by Akanksha Sheoran Kaler, the senior product manager for Oracle Enterprise Manager at Oracle.
Description: The latest release of Enterprise Manager has arrived. While you may be eager to put it in action, you are also concerned about how to upgrade your current system without disrupting your ongoing monitoring. This session will cover the best practices for upgrading Enterprise Manager and how to make the upgrade seamless and uneventful.
2) Session 07633 – Upgrading Oracle Enterprise Manager, Using Best Practices,Thursday, 01:30 PM, InterContinental – InterContinental Ballroom A-, Roger Lopez (Dell), Kai Yu (Dell), Akanksha Sheoran Kaler (Oracle)
Description: This session examines options and methods available for performing Oracle Enterprise Manager upgrades with minimal downtime and that fit your business needs. You will learn about upgrade approaches and best practices. The presentation highlights the worst mistakes you can make, the key steps you can skip, and common errors that will cause your upgrade to fail.
Recently I have completed a virtualization infrasturecture configuration based on Oracle VM3.0.
This virtualization includes Oracle VM3.0 Manager, two Oracle VM 3.0 servers running on Two
Dell R710 servers and Dell Compellent Fibre Channel SAN.
I will share my Oracle VM 3.0 experience on my presentation for IOUG Virtualization Webinar.
The followings are the presenntation infomration:
IOUG Virtualization Webinar
*** Wednesday, 21-Sept-2011, 12:00pm Central / 1:00 pm Eastern
Title: Virtualizing Oracle 11g/R2 RAC Database on Oracle VM: Methods/Tips
**** Presented by Saar Maoz, Oracle Corp and Kai Yu, Dell Inc***
Virtualization technology provides the solution to enable the server
partition and consolidation for improving the resource utilization
and archiving the great flexibility and high availability. Combining
Oracle VM with Oracle RAC provides the grid ready architecture to
consolidate the data center infrastructure. Recently released Oracle
VM 3.0 has introduced a lot of new features for scalability, manageability
and ease-of-use. This presenter covers the configuration of such an
architecture based on Oracle VM and Oracle 11g R2 RAC. You will learn
the basic Oracle VM architecture as well as the tips and tricks
of configuring networks and shared storage in Oracle VM 3.0 for the
multiple layers virtual infrastructure to support 11g R2 RAC database
deployment. Another focus area of this presentation is Oracle RAC VM
templates and how to use it for the rapid deployment of Oracle
RAC cluster on Oracle VM.
(Refer to IOUG online Education at : http://www.ioug.org/Events/OnlineEducationSeries/tabid/85/Default.aspx)
Start time: Wednesday, Sept 21, 2011, 12:00pm Central / 1:00 pm Eastern.
The presentation will last one hour.
Register the webinar here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/243968153
From July 5th to July 23rd, 2011, the 2011 Oracle Technology Network (OTN)Latin America Tour covered multiple countries ranging from Central America to South America. The tour’s purpose was to give a series of presentations on various areas of Oracle Technology. Led by Tom Kyte, the vice president of Oracle Corporation, the OTN tour speaker team consisted of world leading experts on Oracle Technology from Oracle Corporation as well as from the industry technology community. It was a great honor to be invited to join this speaker team to travel and speak with some of the industry’s legendary speakers: Graham Wood, Debra Lilley, Hans Forbrich , Francisco Munoz Alvarez, Ronald Bradford, Kuassis Mensah, Arup Nand and the great speakers from the local Oracle user group of each country.
The 2011 OTN Latin America Tour Speaker Team
On this OTN Latin America tour, I gave the following technology presentations at three South American conference sites: Sao Paulo, Brazil; Montevideo, Uruguay and Santiago, Chile:
- Virtualized Oracle 11g/R2 RAC Database on Oracle VM: Methods/Tips
- Oracle 11gR2 Clusterware: Architecture and Best Practices of Configuration and Troubleshooting
Through these two presentations, I discussed the Oracle RAC and Oracle VM technology with the Oracle user communities of these three countries, and also introduced the engineering work we do at the Dell Oracle solutions engineering lab on Oracle databases, and Oracle VM and Cloud infrastructure. Additionally, I explained how the people in the user communities in these quickly growing economic regions can take advantage of these solutions to meet their business needs.
At first thanks OTN for the sponsorship of the tour. And I want to expecially thanks the event organizer Francisco Munoz Alvarez for his admirable efforts, and thanks the local user group leaders and team members who hard work made this great opportunity possible. It was delightful to see that the people in the Oracle communities in these three countries were very eager to explore the new Oracle technology. In two of my sessions in Sao Paulo, the audience filled the entire conference rooms. Brazil user group leader Eduardo Hahn and his team did an excellent job organizing this conference. I was also amazed by the excellent work and great hospitality of the wonderful Uruguay user group leaders Nelson Calero and Edelweiss Kammermann and their team. The conference in Chile was held in a great facility provided by a local private university. The conference’s audience was very attentive to the presentation content and they were very active in the QA sessions. Somtime the QA and discussions were even extended to after the sessions. Some of people brought up the related questions from their current systems to discuss.
The highlights also include the hospitality of the great friends and wonderful culture experiences and the incredible sightseeing in these countries. These also made this tour really memorable.
Really want to thank everyone for this wonderful memory and hope I can join the tour again next year!
The following sideshows are the memory of the tour.
Being inivted by Oracle Technology Network (OTN), on July 15th, 2011, I joined the last part of OTN South America Tour to travel to Sao Paulo Brazil; Montevideo Uruguay; and Santiago, Chile. I will give two presentations at each conference. On July 16th, I gave two presentations in Sao Paulo for the Brazil Oracle User group at GUOB) Tech Day 2011:
1) Virtualized Oracle 11g/R2 RAC Database on Oracle VM: Methods/Tips
2)Oracle 11gR2 Clusterware: Architecture and Best Practices of Configuration and Troubleshooting.
The followings are some photos from the conference and my presentation sessions:
BrainSurface The Collaborative ConnectSpace for Oracle, Java & MySQL Professionals proudly presents the 1st-stop in the VirtaThon Road Tour program; a 1-day Oracle-Centric Conference at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on 07/07/201. Join the experts and Learn4FREE for a full day of knowledge-filled sessions.
My session will be at 07/07/2011, 5:00pm – 5:45pm EDT
My presentation title is :
Case Study: Implementing Oracle Grid : Customer Case Study
Event attendance URL: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/274820990
Just received an email notification from Oracle OpenWorld 2011 Content Team. Three of my papers have been accepted by the conference commitee. These papers are:
1) Session ID: 06980
Session Title: Configuring and Managing a Private Cloud with Oracle Enterprise Manager
2) Session ID: 07633
Session Title: Upgrading Oracle Enterprise Manager, Using Best Practices
3)Session ID: 08945
Session Title: Consolidate Oracle E-Business Suite Databases in Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Grid: Case Study
For sure I got the work to do this summer.
Latest update on July 2nd:
Looks like my fourth paper was accepted by Oracle OpenWorld 2011 for an IOUG Sunday session:
4) Session ID #09385: Ensure the High Availability and Stability of Oracle RAC: Storage and Network Side Story.
And you can see my OOW 2011 speaker page at this link.
The Collaborate 11 conference will be held in Orlando, Florida on April 10-14, 2011, At this conference, I will be giving the following three presentions:
1. Title: Oracle E-Business Suite: Migration to Oracle VM & template based deployment:
- Conference: The Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) Forum
- Time: Monday, April 11 at 2:30pm-3:30pm.
- Abstract:Oracle VM provides the server virtualization that not only enables high availability and scalability, also simplifies and standardizes the deployment for Oracle E-Business Suite. To leverage Oracle VM, the existing Oracle E-Business systems on physical servers need to be migrated the VMs and a new development needs to start on the VMs. Attend this session to learn some best practices for such an migration and also to learn how to create and use the VM templates of customers’ own project specific Oracle E-Business systems for on-going project. The session will also examine how to leverage the benefits of Oracle VM such as high availability and scalability and server partitioning for Oracle E-Business suite R12.1 infrastructure
2. Title: Automated Provisioning Oracle 11g R2 RAC using Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Provisioning Pack
- Confernece: The Independent Oracle User Group (IOUG) Forum
- Time: Tuesday, April 12 at 11:45am – 12:15pm
- Abstract : Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g provides an end-to-end solution for automated provisioning and lifecycle management of the entire system stack. This session covers how Oracle Enterprise Manager Provisioning pack can save the time and cost for IT organizations by automatically provisioning Oracle Real Applications Cluster (RAC). Attend this session to learn how configure the latest Oracle enterprise manager version 11gr1 and how to enable its provisioning pack including the provisioning deployment procedures and the software library ,and how to automate some time consuming and error prone tasks such as provisioning Oracle 11g R2 RAC database, extending RAC database by adding an additional node and how to save the gold image of the 11g R2 RAC based on the existing RAC environment.
3. Ensure the RAC High Availability: Storage and Network Side Story
- Conference: The independent Oracle User Group (IOUG) forum, High Availability Bootcamp
- Time: Wednesday, April 13 at 10:30am – 11:30am
- Abstract: While Oracle RAC technology provides the high level of availability and the great scalability for the database , the stability of the central piece of RAC technology: Oracle clusterware largely depends on its underneath system infrastructure: network and shared storage. Come to this session to learn some architecture of RAC and clusterware in 11g R1 and 11g R2 and the best practices of configuring the network and shared storage to ensure the stability and high availability of the Oracle clusterware and RAC. The session will also cover the troubleshooting tips of some clusterware stability issues such as node eviction which is frequently related to the network and the share storage.
I also will be attending the following panels as the moderator or a panelist:
1. IOUG High Availability Panel: Time: Wednesday April 13, 11:45am-12:15pm
2. Oracle RAC SIG panels:
- RAC SIG BOG Panel: Monday April 11, 9:15am-10:15am
- RAC customer Panel: Teusday April 12, 9: 15am-10:15am
- RAC Expert Panel, Wednesday, April 13, 8:00am-9:00am
In 2010, for the first time, Oracle hosted three Oracle conferences in three continents:
Oracle Openworld 2010 San Franscio 2010 in Sept 19-23, Oracle Openworld 2010 Latina Americas 2010 in Sao Paulo in Dec 7-9th, Oracle OpenWorld Beijing 2010, Dec 13-16th.
After attending and speaking at Oracle Openworld in San Franscio, I was invited by Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and the Oracle ACE program to give two technical presentations at Oracle OpenWorld Beijing 2010 conference:
1) Case study: Implementing the Oracle Grid Computing for Multiple ERP Applications
2) Oracle11g R2 Clusterware and RAC: Architecture , Configuration, Troubleshooting and Case study
My presentations were a part of Oracle Technology Network Loung , which combined the presentations of other ten top Oracle technologists (Oracle ACEs and Oracle ACE Directors)in the China Oracle community. The entire OTN lounge presentation schedule is listed here. This was my first time to meet and have joint efforts with these great Oracle talents in China. I really enjoyed working and networking with them.
Uploaded some photos taken during the conference:
Conference location: China National Convention Center in Beijing
Welcome Keynote by Steve Au Yeung | Executive Vice President, Asia Pacific, Oracle
Meet Oracle Technologists in China Oracle community
On Novemeber 29-December 1st 2010, I was invited to attend UKOUG Technology and E-Business Suite Conference and give a technical presentation at the conference. UKOUG (UK Oracle User Group) is one of the largest Oracle user groups in Europe. UKOUG has been offerring its members conferences for over 20 years. This conference event was dedicated for the Oracle Technology & E-Business communities. The conference was held in International Convention Centre (ICC), Birmingham, UK.
My technical presentation title was ” Oracle E-Business Suite: migration to Oracle VM Template Based Deployment”. As we know, Oracle VM provides the server virtualization that not only enables high availability and scalability, also simplifies and standardizes the deployment for Oracle E-Business Suite. To leverage Oracle VM, the existing Oracle E-Business systems on physical servers need to be migrated the VMs and a new development needs to start on the VMs. The technical presenation examined some best practices for such an migration and also explored the method to create and use the VM templates of customers’ own project specific Oracle E-Business systems for on-going project. On the end of the presentation, I also covered how to leverage the benefits of Oracle VM such as high availability and scalability and server partitioning for Oracle E-Business suite R12.1 infrastructure.