I have attended and spoken the four Oracle OpenWorld conferences since 2006. This year’s conference is my fifth consequentuve one. The following is a short list of the presentations that I have contributed to and will contribute to the Oracle OpenWorld conferences since 2006.
1. Oracle OpenWorld 2006: Implementing Oracle Applications 11i on 10g RAC and ASM
2. Oracle OpenWorld 2007: Automatic Oracle RAC Deployment and Implementing MegaGrid using Oracle EM Provisioning Pack,
3. Oracle OpenWorld 2007: Implementing Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Through 11i to R12 Upgrade Path
4. Oracle OpenWorld 2008: Case Study: Implementing the Oracle Grid Computing on Dell Hardware for Multiple ERP Applications,
5. Oracle OpenWorld 2009: Building an Oracle Grid with Oracle VM on Dell Blade Servers and EqualLogic iSCSI storage
6.Oracle OpenWorld 2009: Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle RAC and Oracle VM: Architecture and Implementation
7. Oracle OpenWorld 2009: Provisioning Oracle RAC in a Virtualized Environment, Using Oracle Enterprise Manager
8. Oracle OpenWorld 2010: Automated provisioning of Oracle RAC and Oracle VM using Enterprise Manager 11g
9. Oracle OpenWorld 2010: Monitoring and Diagnosing Oracle RAC Performance with Oracle Enterprise Manager
I have prepared the following paragraph as a guest to the Oracle OpenWorld blog to describe my impression on the Oracle OpenWorld conference:
In my 15 years Oracle Technology career, I have seen Oracle has developed its technologies and products to cover almost the entire spectrum of IT operations: from infrastructure to database to middleware to applications. While these technologies have the profound impact on the business of all the industries in the world, it is not surprise to see that thousands or even million of Oracle technology professionals around the world devote their career to Oracle technologies. Oracle OpenWorld conference is really about Oracle technologies, and their business roles and the Oracle professionals: This is the conference where the original creators of the technologies in the Oracle development labs meet the IT professionals that bring these technologies live in the real life operational environment; this is the conference where business people and IT professionals get to know the latest Oracle technologies and also explore the direction of the future technology; this is the conference where the best and brightest Oracle technology experts share their experiences and their expertise and help the new comers to get a quick jump start for their career. And the most importantly this is conference where all the Oracle technology lovers can share their passions on Oracle Technology and make connections with their comrades. To me, at the Oracle OpenWorld conference I find myself surrounded by the people who speak the same language and share the common interest with me and I really feel a sense of home.