The Collaborate 11 conference will be held in Orlando, Florida on April 10-14, 2011, At this conference, I will be giving the following three presentions:
1. Title: Oracle E-Business Suite: Migration to Oracle VM & template based deployment:
- Conference: The Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) Forum
- Time: Monday, April 11 at 2:30pm-3:30pm.
- Abstract:Oracle VM provides the server virtualization that not only enables high availability and scalability, also simplifies and standardizes the deployment for Oracle E-Business Suite. To leverage Oracle VM, the existing Oracle E-Business systems on physical servers need to be migrated the VMs and a new development needs to start on the VMs. Attend this session to learn some best practices for such an migration and also to learn how to create and use the VM templates of customers’ own project specific Oracle E-Business systems for on-going project. The session will also examine how to leverage the benefits of Oracle VM such as high availability and scalability and server partitioning for Oracle E-Business suite R12.1 infrastructure
2. Title: Automated Provisioning Oracle 11g R2 RAC using Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Provisioning Pack
- Confernece: The Independent Oracle User Group (IOUG) Forum
- Time: Tuesday, April 12 at 11:45am – 12:15pm
- Abstract : Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g provides an end-to-end solution for automated provisioning and lifecycle management of the entire system stack. This session covers how Oracle Enterprise Manager Provisioning pack can save the time and cost for IT organizations by automatically provisioning Oracle Real Applications Cluster (RAC). Attend this session to learn how configure the latest Oracle enterprise manager version 11gr1 and how to enable its provisioning pack including the provisioning deployment procedures and the software library ,and how to automate some time consuming and error prone tasks such as provisioning Oracle 11g R2 RAC database, extending RAC database by adding an additional node and how to save the gold image of the 11g R2 RAC based on the existing RAC environment.
3. Ensure the RAC High Availability: Storage and Network Side Story
- Conference: The independent Oracle User Group (IOUG) forum, High Availability Bootcamp
- Time: Wednesday, April 13 at 10:30am – 11:30am
- Abstract: While Oracle RAC technology provides the high level of availability and the great scalability for the database , the stability of the central piece of RAC technology: Oracle clusterware largely depends on its underneath system infrastructure: network and shared storage. Come to this session to learn some architecture of RAC and clusterware in 11g R1 and 11g R2 and the best practices of configuring the network and shared storage to ensure the stability and high availability of the Oracle clusterware and RAC. The session will also cover the troubleshooting tips of some clusterware stability issues such as node eviction which is frequently related to the network and the share storage.
I also will be attending the following panels as the moderator or a panelist:
1. IOUG High Availability Panel: Time: Wednesday April 13, 11:45am-12:15pm
2. Oracle RAC SIG panels:
- RAC SIG BOG Panel: Monday April 11, 9:15am-10:15am
- RAC customer Panel: Teusday April 12, 9: 15am-10:15am
- RAC Expert Panel, Wednesday, April 13, 8:00am-9:00am